My stubby, ineffectual arms
Yes, I have the arms of a T-Rex.
Okay, they’re obviously NOT that useless, but the sad truth is that while I am 5’10” tall, which is 70”, only 31” of that are my legs.
Which means that I have a really long torso. I just measured it – it’s 25” long. And my arms are the same.
And because of this, I don’t think I will ever be able to lie on my back, with my leg straight up in the air and grasp my foot with my hand. I may have to use a strap forever.
These are not horrible things, and I actually giggled over it tonight as we worked on Camel Pose (not to be confused with Camel Toe).
- Stretches the entire front of the body, the ankles, thighs and groins,
- Abdomen and chest, and throat
- Stretches the deep hip flexors (psoas)
- Strengthens back muscles
- Improves posture
- Stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck
I can do this pose pretty well. Connie had us place Yoga blocks on either side of our calves and try to reach those first.
And I reached for them and ended up bending sideways to pick them up, because my arms were too short to reach them. LOL. Not the point of the exercise.
So, I just leave my arms on my lower back and still get an amazing backbend.
Jen does this very well and can look at you from her upside down head. I told her she looked like Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her when she falls down the stairs and her head is on backward.
About 2 minutes in for the part I’m speaking of, or watch the whole thing.
Connie also brought her Yogacise Body Lift. I didn’t try it out, because I know I am not ready for that type of headstand, but it looks really amazing and I wouldn’t mind having one someday.
This three-in-one prop can be used for headstand, as an off-the-floor meditation seat and as a portable weight-training bench for dips, push-ups and barbell/dumbbell sets. It comes with two adjustable tension straps for resistance training. Ample padding supports headstand without vertebrae or disk compression; sturdy handles help you maintain balance.
Connie paid me two very nice compliments tonight:
1. That I have an amazing attitude (especially about my body)
2. That I have grown so much in my Yoga practice.
I am very lucky to have the instructors I do.
Still mostly soft foods, though I am able to at least eat waffles now. I’ll start tracking everything again tomorrow.
1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart “go-to” meal to fix in a pinch?
2. What is one item you won’t leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
4. Share one factoid of your family’s history.
My mom is a twin.
5. Complete this sentence: “Once upon a time I ….”
was lost but now I am found.
6. If you could win a one year’s supply of anything, what would it be?
7. “One quirky thing you may not know about me is ….”
I want you to take gum from me in twos. I don’t like odd numbers.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
Something to drink – I like to hydrate.
9. “One thing that always makes me laugh is ….”
The Golden Girls. RIP Rue.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Learn web design.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
12. What is one thing you’re looking forward to soon?
And speaking of web design…
Might I recommend Angie of Angie Meeker Designs? I am going to be using her in the future and I LOVE HER!! First off, you can’t go wrong with an Angie. And her husband’s name is Bob!!! How cool is that?!?!?!
Okay, I’m off. Talk to you soon!